If you are a more grounded, physical person who is not into the woo-woo stuff but would like to experience the benefits of meditation, then Shaman Jonathan offers a Mindfulness Meditation with Jewellery-Making Workshop or Team Building experience, where you get to enjoy a physically based meditation experience.
During the workshop, you'll be physically focused on the activity of making a beautiful personalized crystal pendant, while utilizing meditation techniques to still your mind and promote a sense of peace and relaxation.
As the experience is more physically grounded with an actual activity to keep your hands busy and mind focused, you'll find that this is a much easier meditation for beginners and those who have battled with traditional sit-still-and-focus meditations in the past.
- Understanding meditation
- The proven scientific benefits of meditation practice
- Tools to assist you in your meditation practice
- Preparing yourself for meditation practice
- The actual meditation
- Mindfulness meditation
- Creating a crystal pendant
- Duration: 1 day or 6 hours
- This workshop can be held in two separate sessions of three hours each
- Pricing includes all workshop materials to make your hanging crystal pendant, as well as tea and coffee
- Please bring snacks and additional refreshments
- Cost: R450 per person
Free Meditation Tools
If you're interested in learning more about meditation and managing stress, The HeartMath Institute offers a wide range of free resources and tools you can access.
Step 1: Visit the HeartMath website and learn the 30-second Quick Coherence Technique
Step 2: Visit the Global Care Rooms, click on the second tab labelled "Session Room" and click the audio link that appears top left to experience a guided meditation that use the Quick Coherence technique as a base.
This meditation is a heart-based meditation and you can use the technique as an effective 30-second stress buster in any situation.