If you would like to learn the basics of meditation or introduce it into your office environment, Shaman Jonathan offers open-to-public meditation workshops that teach transcendental, mindfulness and heart-based meditation practices.
These workshops can also be presented at your office or structured into a team building event.
What will you learn on the Introduction to Meditation Workshop?
Meditation is wonderful practice in which you learn to still your mind to realize a benefit, imbue focus or for the purpose of achieving inner peace and stillness.
During the workshop you will learn techniques that will help you:
- promote relaxation
- build internal energy or life force
- develop compassion
- grow feelings of love
- build your levels of patience
- increase your feelings of generosity
- find forgiveness more easily.
Over the course of the workshop, we'll cover the following agenda:
- What is meditation?
- Does meditation conflict with religious practice?
- What are the proven, scientific benefits of regular meditation?
- What different types of meditation are there?
- The postures your adopt for successful meditation
- Tools to assist you during meditation practice
- Preparing yourself for meditation
- The actual mediation itself
- A mindfulness meditation
- A full guided meditation
- Duration: 1 day or 6 hours
- This workshop can be held in two separate sessions of three hours each
- Pricing includes all workshop materials and manuals, as well as tea and coffee
- Please bring snacks and additional refreshments
- Cost: R250 per person
Free Meditation Tools
If you're interested in learning more about meditation and managing stress, The HeartMath Institute offers a wide range of free resources and tools you can access.
Step 1: Visit the HeartMath website and learn the 30-second Quick Coherence Technique
Step 2: Visit the Global Care Rooms, click on the second tab labelled "Session Room" and click the audio link that appears top left to experience a guided meditation that use the Quick Coherence technique as a base.
This meditation is a heart-based meditation and you can use the technique as an effective 30-second stress buster in any situation.